The mission of Routt County is to efficiently deliver a balance of public services and infrastructure to provide a safe and healthy place to live for present and future generations.
Our Core Values
Routt County’s mission is to efficiently deliver a balance of services and infrastructure to provide a safe and healthy place to live for current and future generations. To achieve this mission, we adhere to the following core values:
- Trust – A belief arising from a mutual understanding of expectations based on consistent leadership, professionalism, integrity, respect, and appropriate confidentiality.
- Integrity – Acting with sound moral principles by being consistently honest, responsible, accountable, and respectful.
- Effectiveness – Performing in a productive and proficient manner that results in consistently achieving expected and measurable outcomes.
- Efficiency – Obtaining the best possible outcome in the least wasteful manner by maintaining dynamic, relevant policies and procedures while consistently supporting a quality workforce.
- Fiscal Responsibility – An obligation to be accountable to the fiscal policies of Routt County by balancing efficiency and flexibility with budgetary discipline, while seeking sustainable resources and practicing long-term planning and prudent use of debt.