The mission of the Northwest Colorado Food Coalition is to facilitate communication, collaboration, and integration of solutions among individuals and organizations to develop and sustain a resilient food system in Northwest Colorado. The vision Northwest Colorado Food Coalition is to be recognized as the leader in assuring the Northwest Colorado community has equitable access to a resilient food system.
- Exhibit leadership through creating a forum to raise awareness of food security issues.
- Build community through networking of individuals, agencies and elected officials to develop and advocate for public policy that supports a resilient food system.
- Promote regional economic vitality through the support of local agriculture producers and distributors.
Minimum of 9 and no more than 12 members representing the following areas:
- Medical and Public Health – NWCOVNA
- CSU/Routt County Extension
- Community Agriculture Alliance
- Environmental Health
- Health and Services
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council Board of Directors
- 3 – Community at large members that represent diverse geographic areas, food production and food related interests (e.g., Steamboat, South Routt, Hayden, North Routt)
- 2- at large