The Extension office offers many opportunities to try your hand at preparing and preserving food. Please contact the office to find out more information (970) 879-0825. Below is listed our scheduled events.
Three Tread of Pioneer brown bag lunch presentations – 11:30-1:00pm at the Tread of Pioneers Museum at 800 Oak Street, Steamboat Springs, CO
- January 25th: Wild Berries
- February 22nd: Recipes and Cookbooks through the ages
- March 29th: Living off the Land
Food Preservation Class. Classes will be held at the Extension Office at 136 6th Street Steamboat Springs, unless otherwise listed.
- February 27th: Pickled Beets
- March 19th: Youth Canning: Jam, jam, and more jam: The versatility of jam
- March 16th: Pressure Canning @ the Fairgrounds
- April 18th: Waste not want not: Food waste workshop
- June 6th: Basic Canning
- July: Tips and Tricks for the Fair @ the Extension office (7/18) and @ the Granary in Hayden (7/20)
- September 11th: Dehydration
- October 9th: Fermentation
Routt County Fair – August 14-18 – Exhibit Hall Open