Visit our Colorado State Extension office for more news, tools and resources.

Close Icon
The Routt County - Colorado State University Extension office brings the resources and research of the university within easy reach. We are here for you.

Enrolling in 4-H   arrow

4-H Open House How Do I Enroll?

If you’re interested in participating in the Routt County 4-H, follow the steps below to learn more and get enrolled.

  1. Pick a 4-H Club
    • Clubs section
    • Contact the Routt County Extension Office to find out about our local clubs
  2. Pick your project(s)
    • 2022-2023 Project List
      • We recommend that new members select between 1 and 3 projects.
      • Questions? Contact the Routt County Extension Office
  3. Enroll (after October 15) on Colorado 4-H Online,
    • Follow the instructions.  (Use the tips listed below to help you enroll).
  4. Pay your enrollment fees.
    • $40 Enrollment Fee
    • $5 additional for Horse Project
    • $25 additional for Shooting Sports project (for each discipline).
    • $30 Late Fee for returning members who did not enroll and PAY by December 31, 2022.
  5. Get Involved
    • Attend your local club meetings
    • Start working on projects
    • Discover the fun that is 4-H!
  6. Attend our 4-H Open House on December 2, 4-6pm at the Steamboat Springs Library Hall.
  7. Watch our 4-H Online Open House Videos to learn more about our program:  Link to YouTube Video.

Tips for using the 4-H Online Enrollment system:

  • Be sure to know which club you want to join and which projects you’re interested in before enrolling, as you’ll be asked to select a club and projects during the process. You can change projects through May 1.
  • If you need help choosing a club call the office at 970-879-0825.
  • The Animal Care and Housing form is only required for children in animal projects who are NOT housing their animals on their own property. If this is required for you, be sure to get the proper signatures.
  • If you have problems or questions about enrolling using 4-H Online, call the Extension Office at 970-879-0825.