Wednesdays 11:30-1:30pm in the Trout Creek Room in the Courthouse Annex located at the corner of 6th and Oak in Steamboat Springs.
The mission of the Northwest Colorado Food Coalition is to facilitate communication, collaboration, and integration of solutions among individuals and organizations to develop and sustain a resilient food system in Northwest Colorado. The vision Northwest Colorado Food Coalition is to be recognized as the leader in assuring the Northwest Colorado community has equitable access to a resilient food system.
- Exhibit leadership through creating a forum to raise awareness of food security issues.
- Build community through networking of individuals, agencies and elected officials to develop and advocate for public policy that supports a resilient food system.
- Promote regional economic vitality through the support of local agriculture producers and distributors.
Minimum of 9 and no more than 12 members representing the following areas:
- Medical and Public Health – NWCOVNA
- CSU/Routt County Extension
- Community Agriculture Alliance
- Environmental Health
- Health and Services
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council Board of Directors
- 3 – Community at large members that represent diverse geographic areas, food production and food related interests (e.g., Steamboat, South Routt, Hayden, North Routt)
- 2- at large