Jr. Livestock Sale Committee Updates (updates brought to you by the Jr. Livestock Sale Committee)
- Important changes to the Junior Livestock Sale Rules for 2022 LINK
- If you have questions about the rules, please address them to the Junior Livestock Committee: (Adonna Allen, Becky Heid, Jeannie Jo Logan, Kristen Corriveau, Kathy Yeiser, Belinda Rossi, Jay Whaley, Renee & Kody May, Justin Warren, Lane Iacovetto).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach out to the committee (emails will be forwarded to the committee)
- Junior Livestock Sale committee meetings are open to the public and always held the first Tuesday evening of the month at 6pm at the Trout Creek Room (down the hall from the Extension Office).
- April 14, 2022 Jr. Livestock Sale Committee Update:
- There are a couple of changes to the Junior Livestock Sales rules that are important for 4-H members to know now, long before the sale date. Please refer to the complete rules at THIS LINK and pay particular attention to:
- Rule 13: Each exhibitor may sell only one large animal (steer, sheep, goat, or swine) and one small animal (one pen of market poultry or one pen of market rabbit), unless you win Grand and/or Reserve then you may get to sell more animals per rule 14.
- Rule 27: Each consignment in the sale (ie. 1 large animal or a pen of small animals) will pay a fee of up to $115 per consignment. This money will be deducted from the sale check and used to cover Routt County Junior Livestock Sale expenses.